Every month we find an excuse to bake our fav twinship chocolate chip cookies! And, right now, we’re starting to get into the Valentine’s Day spirit and decided to bake them again. But there’s a twist…we made them into heart-shaped cookie sandwiches and added homemade vanilla frosting filling! Yummy!
Baking the cookies (again) was really easy, but creating the perfect heart-shape was a little harder than we excepted. After two failed heart-shaped cookie attempts, we discovered that you actually have to place the cookie dough inside the heart-shaped cookie cutter, as opposed to the normal way of baking, simply spreading the cookie dough and cutting your shape out! C’est la vie…that’s life…and we think the oat grain may have been the issue.
The vanilla frosting “was cake” (yes, pun intended). We googled a super simple recipe online, you can check out the recipe here. And if you don’t feel like making frosting, there is nothing wrong with purchasing it at your local grocery store.
So, instead of buying gifts for friends or loved ones, try baking something sweet and festive and add a clever note like, “You’re one smart cookie! Happy Valentine’s Day.” Gifts are always better when they’re made with love…cause after all… ‘happiness is homemade.’
Feven & Helena #twinship
P.S. Did you know that 150 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged annually, making Valentine’s Day the second most popular card-sending holiday after Christmas?!? Spread the love the twinship way!
- How to Pull off a Perfectly Romantic Valentine’s Dinner (personalcreations.com)
- The Twinship’s Favorite Twinships (fevenandhelena.com)
- Lock & Key Twinship Forever! (fevenandhelena.com)
- Recipe Round 2: cake batter chocolate chip cookies. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- Twinship Chocolate Chip Cookies (fevenandhelena.com)
- Valentine Templates (hoolaboola.com)
- What to Get a Boyfriend for Valentineâs Day (personalcreations.com)