17 Questions Vogue Style
Like one of our favorite photographers, J.M. Polynice, we see inspiration everywhere and today we see inspiration in these incredible photos she took of us one very, very hot LA morning. When we’re not wearing our “maybe she’s habesha” t-shirts, you can find us in gowns at 7am, drinking our favorite Peet’s coffee, black with a little bit of almond milk—naturally. Ha!
And because it’s September, we have to celebrate the coveted September issue by doing a variation of 73 Questions Answered by Your Favorite Celebs. You know the Vogue video series where they go to a celebs homes and ask them 73 Questions, and we have to pretend like the entire thing isn’t rehearsed?
Well, we’re not going to do 73 questions (we know you all have to get back to work or Instagram or whatever) so here is our…17 Questions Answered by one of your favorite twins, Feven & Helena.
17 Questions Vogue Style//
- What’s the last song you played on your iphone?
FEVEN: Insecure, Jazmine Sullivan & Bryson Tiller.
HELENA: Anything, SZA. That song is literally on repeat.
- If you could cook a meal for someone, who would it be?
FEVEN: Michelle Obama…cause I miss her so damn much!
HELENA: Barack Obama because I miss him so much.
- Who is your favorite style icon?
FEVEN: Diana Ross…that woman is elegant, sexy and confident.
HELENA: Today, I’m just gonna say Jennifer Lopez or the Olsen Twins.
- Which trend do you wish would never come back?
FEVEN: The doggy filter.
HELENA: Over conturing and heavy lashes are a norm now. I don’t like it!
- What’s the best piece of advice your mother has given you?
FEVEN: Sometimes you got to eat popcorn for dinner if you want to be successful. I.E. stay hungry…stay foolish.
HELENA: Sometimes you got to eat popcorn for dinner to be successful.
(fyi, we didn’t mean to give the same answer, HA).
- What’s the best piece of advice your father has given you?
FEVEN: Don’t strive to be the prettiest woman in the room…but be the most interesting woman in the room.
HELENA: Always call your dad back.
- What is your favorite emoji?
FEVEN: The angel emoji or the upside down smile emoji. It reads the same to me.
HELENA: The flying money emoji. I wish it was real!
- What’s the best show on tv right now?
HELENA: Hands down, INSECURE.
- What’s the last show that you binge watched?
FEVEN: HOUSE OF CARDS.
HELENA: I rarely binge watch anything, but I think it was 13 REASONS WHY.
- What’s your favorite hip hop lyric?
FEVEN: “I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other.” 2 Pac
HELENA: “Birthdays was the worst days. Now we sip champagne when we thirsty.” B.I.G.
- What’s your favorite song to sing in the shower?
FEVEN: I don’t sing in the shower, but when I do it’s a recent Mariah Carey single.
HELENA: Cardi B., Bodak Yellow.
- If you could sing like anyone, who would it be?
FEVEN: Aretha Franklin or Jazmine Sullivan.
HELENA: Rihanna or Bob Marely. Love the texture of their voices.
- FEVEN you like to cook. what’s your favorite signature dish?
FEVEN: broiled salmon with a simple lemon butter sauce.
- Helena, what your favorite dish, FEVEN cooks?
HELENA: That’s tough, but I think her lemon and cherry tomatoes salmon dish.
- What’s your favorite go-to drink?
FEVEN: cockails…vodka soda with a side of lime.
HELENA: cucumber vodka and sparking water.
- What’s your favorite go-to lipstick color?
FEVEN: mocha by MAC…I’ve been wearing it for 9 years!
HELENA: Mocha…it’s the perfect rose nude color.
- If you were a super hero, what would your super power be?
FEVEN: that’s a hard one…something to do with seduction…maybe the power to have people fall in love.
HELENA: I think time travel. It would be amazing to go back in time and change history.
FEVEN: sunglasses CELINE, dress Lulus.
HELENA: sunglasses BALENCIAGA, dress Lulus, choker ESTY.
Feven & Helena
p.s. we love you!